Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It Didn't Happen...

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!

I am totally braceless! My teeth feel slimy and lacking a dull pain I am so accustomed to.

I am writing this blog from a coffee shop in Santa Monica near my Ortho's office. And almost coincidentally, this is the coffee shop I found about a week after I moved here where I sat down and wrote cards to all the people I stayed with on the road when I moved out west. It feels fitting.

I realize you are only looking for pictures but I want to draw this out... I do have a flare for the dramatic you know.

One thing very few people ever mentioned was the horror of getting them off. I bled. I didn't even know one could bleed from this. It felt as if someone were snapping my teeth off one by one. Then came the polishing which was like getting a brain freeze over and over again, except no one was enjoying ice cream. Not even the technician.

I stood up to rinse my mouth out, drooled on myself, literally, looked in the mirror, and this is what I saw:


The technician said, "you look like you just left a really great party." Yes my face looks like it is covered in Cocaine. At least in the movies it looks like this. My drug knowledge is not very extensive. This in fact is the cement in powder form that he just polished off my teeth.

Then I got to meet the little brats that have SEVERELY interrupted my career and also caused a sore in my mouth for the last 14 and a half months.


Good riddance. I will only miss the humor that you added to my life, and the character that you built for me. I am stronger because of you, but I can do without you now. Au Revoir! Adios! Ciao! Carpe Diem! (wait... the last one... all I remember is Robin Williams. I'm confused.)

And what all of you (or at least I) have been waiting for:


And a close up of the lovely ladies:


Thank you all for reading. Thank you for the encouragement, and stories of your own that you shared with me. I realize that getting braces is not that big of a deal. People do it all the time. The fact that my life's passion and career was put on hold for this small event, made it a much BIGGER event for me. I thank you for laughing with me. Want one more laugh? I have to wear this at night:

3 comments:

  1. *chomp chomp chomp

    ... mmmm corn.

    -Stephan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You made it! They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?