Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Birthday... jerk.

Yeah yeah yeah Happy Birthday. I used to LOVE birthdays. It's the one day out of the year that its YOUR day. And I really believe that. From the moment you get up until you go to bed, everything gets to be about you. And you don't have to apologize for it. There's no, "Oh you go ahead and have the big piece of cake, " or "Oh no, let me get the check."

Nope. Its your day.

So despite my desire to skip this birthday, I will honor it because I can't help myself. Happy Birthday Braces... you made it a year, and for all I know, you might make it another.

(Please God no...)


Well, I didn't get them a cake, or ice cream. But I did take their picture. In fact, why don't we celebrate their year of growth, shall we?

Day before braces:

Braces Day 1:

One Year Later:

Braces Day 1:

One Year Later:


In a way this year flew by. It seems like only yesterday I had those crazy dagger things on the back of my teeth and I was putting meat in the blender.

I missed my blog last week on the appointment update. I wrote it... and then my time was swallowed whole by work/class/life.

The gist is this: we are waiting until my overbite is completely fixed, and I have no idea when that will be and also, this was not my idea. I was told the line between my top and bottom teeth needs to be gone-

So, next appt. April 13th. I'm disappointed. Mainly for my acting career more than anything. But, I shouldn't put the cart before the horse? Or is this the gift horse one? You know what I mean, I can't stop now.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like you can open your mouth even wider one year later. do you think that is from practicing for the orthodontist or because of the work the ortho has done since you started?

    ps .. it looks like the orthodontist has added color to your face according to your photographs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?