Saturday, August 14, 2010

I know you are sick of seeing my face...

... but in pursuit of what is left of my acting career, scarred by the lack of self-confidence when I open my mouth, I have decided to get "Braces Headshots." For those of you reading this who are not in the entertainment business, you should know headshots are not Cheap. Your hire the photographer, then you hire his recommended makeup artist, then you pay for touchups, then finally you order the 8x10s, the post cards, and the business card prints.

When I first moved to NYC I spared no expense, got it all, including one of the top NYC photographers. www.jordanmatter.com In the end, I spent over $1,000 right off the bat.

When the braces come off (off? did someone say they are coming off? OMG?? WHAT?? Yes! YES! YES!!! oh. me. I said it.)

when the braces come off, I will have to do this all over again. Until then I need a headshot WITH them so when I show up to audition I am not perceived as a BIG FAT LIAR. (although I am trying to get back on the P90x workouts so hopefully they would refer to me as the brace faced liar with sculpted arms).

So today's the day. My lovely friend Bora, not a photographer but an owner of a camera and a creative sensibility, has agreed to take my pictures.

Usually before people get their pictures they stay in all week, drink nothing but water, eat no carbs and get a hair cut. I, on the other hand, have barely been sleeping because of my panicked cover letter filled dreams, followed by coffee - not water- to keep me awake, and can't afford an LA haircut. And then last night I made a colossal mistake. I made CURRY for dinner.

This morning I woke up to neon yellow rubber bands on my teeth.

I hope it looks like I eat boogers. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?