Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Unemployment woes... coming to an end? Let's hope.

I started writing a blog yesterday focused on the fact that I believe the #1 reason I do not have a job yet is because I have braces.

Then yesterday I had a panic attack during my interview at the Gap... and they called me back for a second interview today. Then I was offered a babysitting job, followed by 2 interviews for places I had long forgotten I applied. All this yesterday. So clearly I can no longer blame the braces for my unemployment. I CAN blame them for many other things however.

But today I am pondering this: Why is it the older you get the more decisions you have to make? New York or LA? Part-time or Full-time? Broke and creatively fulfilled or Rich and unhappy/ bored out of my mind? Clear rubber bands or colored bands? Mention the braces or pretend they are not there?

3 days ago the options were beg for money on the street or wait tables at a strip club? Today it is babysit or work in retail or in a coffee shop?

I like my new options but choosing is still just as hard. "4 Play Gentleman's Club" was looking really good there for a second.

I can't even make a decision on my new braced headshots. Maybe the blog readers ( hi Mommy) can make my decision for me so it will be one less I have to deal with. Here are the top 5 that have yet to be photoshopped, i.e. taking out the shadows etc.

3 comments:

  1. I like the 3rd, when you're laughing, very adorable!

    Ps. Work at a coffee shop! HAHA - Maybe I say that because I've always wanted too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and it's Michelle, Abbe's co-worker - I got rid of my gmail account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look good on 1, 2, 4 and 5 but none of them are well exposed. Some post-processing could fix it though.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?