Friday, June 4, 2010

Look at them now!!

Photos! Photos! Photos!

Today is a photo blog! Why? Well, because for some reason the Less you have to do, the harder it is to get everything done. I apparently FEAST on being overwhelmed with work. ALSO, in my defense, not much has happened in the braces department. But I could make stuff up?

Oh my God! So I'm here in Bay City, hometown of yours truly and Madonna!! (I know she likes to say she is from Detroit but that is because she thinks Bay City will mean nothing to people not from Michigan. She's wrong. Oftentimes it means nothing to people FROM Michigan). ANYWAY, I'm walking in to St. Laurent Brothers Nut House - chocolate covered nuts not straight jacket covered nuts- and who do I see? My old friend Madge! (Well old friend is kind of strong. I once knew a girl who was distantly related by 2nd cousins.)

So I saunter over to her beautiful daughter Lourdes and I say, "Nice copper chops" to which she replies "sweet brace face" to which I retort "what are you doing here? buying carmels and nuts so you can stare at them longingly?" Next thing I know the three of us are sitting at the Dockside Bar sipping mojitos and laughing about my Madonna impressions I used to do in my living room at the age of 7. Then we are laughing over the fact that the mint in the mojitos is stuck in Lourdes and my Braces. THEN we are giggling because Lourdes is 15 with braces and I am 25!!!! Oh... good times! Good thing we snapped a quick photo!

Now I am passing the gauntlet over to my beautiful friends who offered their brace faces for this blog. To be fair I am posting a "Where are they Now?" Photo so you can see just how lovely they really look.

Erin Farrell
Braces photo- Junior Prom. Serious Bummer, but she looks gorgeous anyway.





Kirsten Benjamin. She got this photo mailed to her from her mother! When she opened it up she really had a moment of hiding it from me and saying she never got it in time. But she came to her senses and handed it over. But look at her now!! Gorgeous! And she also mentioned that her brother had braces as well, but he had the sense to keep his mouth shut. I love the Christmas Velour!


1 comment:

  1. This weekend I met someone else with adult braces and thought of you! She was like 38 years old, cute, and very skinny. Maybe you adult braces people are onto something? If I had better dental insurance I'd get them myself. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?