Wednesday, May 26, 2010

News! News! 10 weeks down! Michigan smells great!

This Blog is devoted to my (adult) Braces, and my Moving to L.A. with (adult) Braces. I don't know why I keep putting (adult) in parenthesis. Maybe it's my way of saying (I know I'm old and this is weird, I'm aware I have braces, please stop staring while I shop in the produce section).

Braces News!! First of all RUBBER BANDS SUCK. Who knew? Seriously? Like everything else with this adventure I was preemptively embarrassed about what they would look like. Then for days my mouth hurts so bad I am shamelessly digging my fingers into my jowls searching for bands and smoothing on wax.

Second of all, RUBBER BANDS ARE AWESOME. I don't know how they work, or what exactly they are doing, BUT my diet is broadening!! That's right people I am getting closer and closer to ripping that T-bone with my back teeth. Basically, things are getting closer together in the back, despite my enemy the bite rim. Huzzah!!!

I thought I would share photos from my dental records taken before my braces were attached. I look... different. Other than needing to cut my hair... and put some makeup on. Also for those of you confused, please note the missing tooth. All the other teeth were slowly moving into that hole. THAT is why I am in this predicament.

I just hope I'm not the next Jennifer Grey. Nobody puts baby in the corner... except I'm pretty sure her nosejob made her never work again.


Moving News!! I have left New York City. Although NYC and I have had our disagreements, and let me just say they picked some serious life altering fights with me, I left on a good note. No one flipped the bird, which one of us is known to do, and no one assaulted anyone, which the other is known to do. We simply had pastries in a beautiful Bakery and said our goodbyes.

I am in Michigan at my parents house having a garage sale so I can fit my stuff in my new/ old itty bitty car. It is a lovely place here, but I am REALLY looking forward to my move to California!

1 comment:

  1. You in Bay City? Isn't it weird coming back to it and everything still looks the same. I haven't been back for 3 years. Take pictures!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?