Friday, May 21, 2010

Just because I dress this way... does not mean you have to pity me.

I'll cut to the chase. It didn't happen. The bite rim is still on. Until when? UNTIL THE END OF TIME APPARENTLY... or at least until I find a Dr. in L.A. and have a consultation with them.

My disappointment grows but please do not pity me. Tomorrow is my last day of work and then I am unemployed for at least a month. It sounds soooooo relaxing. I have worked so many hours in the last two months it should be illegal. So I am taking this well deserved break and I will sit in my parents hot tub and let my mind go absolutely blank.

Good News? It will be easier to keep my post-ortho-dontic weight. Putting on chewing weight is almost as easy as putting on Baby weight. I am of course only assuming. But Seriously.


Bad News? I am still hungry. I still want a cheeseburger like my life depends on it. I am still a little concerned about road-tripping the USA without the use of my canines.

WORSE NEWS? I got Rubber Bands.


NO JOKE. I knew it was coming someday. But nothing prepares you for this. And again, per usual, the pain and discomfort FAR outweigh the embarrassment.

Although I am looking forward to the next 3 weeks in Michigan with tears of hope for full nights of sleep, I am aware of the downside. You can't be unemployed and NOT panic about the idea that you may never get a job again and will die on the streets shivering in 55 degree weather in Sunny SoCal. However small, it is still a possibility. Especially because I get cold really easily.

I just remembered that in 3 days I am leaving New York, my home for the last 3 years and 9 months.

Now I have compiled some pictures to display my current state of emotions. Enjoy my complexity.


Guess who is going to cry a lot tomorrow? This girl.

4 comments:

  1. Did they offer you colored rubber bands? I used to wear those...because apparently some people are really, really proud of wearing rubber bands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea...long time no see-
    I must say I never knew that you were such a comedian. I enjoy reading your blog whenever you post updates. Have fun in L.A.-
    question though-I am obviously not a doctor, but I always thought that your teeth were very nice and very straight??? I do feel your pain-I had braces twice, a spearate round of retainers, and a round of invisalign-and my teeth still moved back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh rubberbands... I'm so sorry that you have those. What I remember most about them - having to take them in & out every time I ate - and I like to snack - so it was a little ANNOYING. But, you'll get thru it =) Maybe your new Doc will have different ideas in mind! =) Look forward to possibly meeting you! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies thanks for the comments! To answer your questions - no they sadly didn't offer me colored rubber bands. Adult patients seem to be automatically assumed we want it to be discreet. whatever. Cassie (btw- Cassie D.? Cassie F.? ) I am going to put some photos in my next post which should make the whole braces thing clearer, because yes my teeth are fairly straight. And Oh my God these rubber bands are annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?