Saturday, May 8, 2010

I am that girl who diets!!!

Lunch hour is pretty much the best thing ever invented. All morning I'm wondering in the back of my mind were I will go to eat. Eating is, and always will be, a highlight of my day. I'm starting to understand why losing weight has always been so difficult.

The new eating challenges have really limited my options but I have my usual haunts. I go to Chipotle at least once a week for their burrito bowl. Thank you chipotle for meeting my needs with sour cream, cheese, and guacamole. I also frequent Cosi for their soups or smoothies. Or both. Don't judge.

Yesterday was Clam Chowder Day ( New England, not that gross orange stuff) and I was really looking forward to it. Anti-climactically, it was not that good. But I made a discovery - I'M THAT GIRL WHO DIETS!!!


You know that girl you go to lunch with that drives you nuts because she gets her salad with olive oil and vinegar on the side while you ask the server to just POUR the bottle of ranch dressing over the top of your Chef's salad? I'm her!! Well, kind of.

At Cosi they offer you their special bread (which tastes like heaven) with everything. You could probably get a piece of bread and they would offer you an additional piece of bread on the side. When I used to go I would eat 3 bread crusts from the bowl, and then get my piece of bread with my salad, that was covered in dressing. Now they offer me bread with soup and day after day I decline their delicious starch. Yesterday when I rejected his bread "benjamin" gave me that knowing look, "Oh, you're one of those girls."

Huzzah!! I'm a diet girl! I feel so proud! I hope everyone in that Cosi yesterday was annoyed with me!! (Disclaimer: The only reason these girls annoy us is because we are jealous of their self-control).

If they only knew that the day I can chew I'm getting the HUGEST cheeseburger and french fries anyone has EVER seen. And EVERYTHING will be smothered in Mayo.

New Thought: maybe the annoying skinny girls are secretly eating potato chips at home. This new glimmer of a thought gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?