Thursday, April 15, 2010

CALLING ALL TURNCOATS!

I have a brilliant idea! ... Ok let me back up.

On Monday evening my original plans were to make money by serving people food I can't eat and drinks they don't want. Unfortunately the world, and Comix, felt I was unworthy for such a night. So I went to Whole Foods, adoringly nicknamed by my friend Cynthia "Whole Paycheck" to get new smoothie ingredients.

On my way home I ran into a friend from college (Felipe) and his friend (Johnathan). Conversation led to braces ( I can't help it!!) We're discussing my chewing fiasco and Felipe tells me he had a "chin cup" which brings to mind a horrible mental comparison between a men's cup for baseball and a strap for the measles. I mean mumps. Whatever. No one knows anymore since we found the MMR shot. ( What's the R stand for again?)

I digress.

Then a stranger on the subway leans in and says "I had the metal thing too. I couldn't chew for months."

Others do exist! I didn't make it up!!! And guess what? SHE PUT CHICKEN IN THE BLENDER!!

I met a fellow meat blender-er and her name is Margo. Hello Margo if you are reading this. I think we should start a club. We can call it "Puree Anonymous."

Oh! My Brilliant idea! I almost forgot.

All of you people who "say" you had braces and got them off for whatever reason. You "got sick of it" or "it hurt too much" or "treatment was finished" or some crap like that, I want you to email me pictures of you in your gear and I am going to post them. I realize for most of you this requires calling your mother and teaching her to use the scanner. Well, do it!! This is important! People are counting on you!! (And by people I mean me, and by important I mean it has been a month, I am losing steam and hope and need to rebuild my morale).




SO DO IT!

* Brilliant idea was purchased from Kirsten Benjamin

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Ryan! I knew you would know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chelsea!!!

    Thanks for your comment on my new blog! I highly highly recommend Dr. Yamada at Buena Vista Orthodontics -- she's in Burbank.
    http://www.buenavistaorthodontics.com

    Hope you're adjusting to L.A.!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?