Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back to the sirens, the smells, and the smoothies



I had a lovely time in Sarasota, FL this weekend. The weather was almost perfect, and the endless jokes at the expense of old people made my sides ache (My parents bought a condo in a 55+ community). The heated outdoor pool was luxurious in the 85 degree weather (I think old bones get colder faster?)

Tips for fellow brace-facers:

1. If you, like me, can not chew, do not gain magical thinking and assume that because you are on vacation maybe you can chew potato chips. You can't. You can't enjoy the foods around you that everyone else is thoroughly enjoying. So get over your bad attitude and pack some naked juices in your purse when you go to the steak house. (Day 1 was rough)

2. Do not think that because you now have braces your skin is invincible to the sun. It is not. So do not lay in the sun sans sunscreen chomping on chips.

3. DO learn from your elders and start a wii bowling league.

Pictures for your enjoyment:

This is my future. Do you see Abbe's pearly whites? She is the only person from my family to have braces. I am excited by her turnout and encouraged by her dental compassion.

Sisters at Siesta Key Beach!

Wii bowling lanes for Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Dick (the pic with them got corrupted on my camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?