Monday, March 22, 2010

1 Week Down, 51 Weeks to Go.

Don't you just LOVE getting mail? Snail Mail? I DO. I just love it! So I was just delighted when on Friday I received THREE letters/cards in the mail! All hand addressed! One was a St. Patrick's Day Card from my big sister Abbe. I know what you are thinking "of course the irish girl gets St. Patrick's Day cards in the mail." WRONG. Abbe sends a card for every holiday. I think she even sends one for Flag day. And that is one of the many reasons I adore her.

The second card was my rejection letter from DePaul University. That was my final nail in the coffin. (Wrong expression?) Needle in a hay stack? Whatever. Don't pity me though. I got into Harvard and I turned them down. The California sun was calling louder than the $100,000 loan.

The THIRD card was from the dentist that I saw last Tuesday, the morning of the day the braces went on/ I stopped eating like a normal person. If you don't remember or didn't read it please back track to March 16th before moving on. Otherwise this won't make sense. AND it will make this feel like a choose your own adventure story!

Back? OK above you will see the outside of the card. To the right you will see the inside. I have scanned them so you can see for
yourself.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???

Do You NOT remember me walking out of your office CRYING, after you had crashed my little girl hopes and dreams to be an ugly duckling who gets braces and grows up to be a beautiful SWAN??

You didn't even clean my teeth! You did NOTHING for me except give me something to Blog about!!

So I sent their card back with this lovely photo to let them know just how much I really appreciated the dentist's help.











I am also, truly, sending a letter to the New York State Dental Association informing them of what happened. I have scanned in a copy below. To sum it up:

Dear Dentals Dudes,

This guy who calls himself a dentist called me ugly and hurt my feelings and I think you should punish him.

Love always and forever, Chelsea

By the way, I made it a whole week in braces. It has not been easy but I made it. And I have tasted so many soups I never knew existed. 5 more weeks until I can chew!

2 comments:

  1. kudos for writing that letter. you should probably resize it though. it's impossible to read without enlarging it myself on my browser and even then it's really hard to read. can you upload it and make the maximum size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I shrunk it on purpose thinking no one would actually want to read the letter. I can fix it if you like!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?