Monday, March 29, 2010

Models Wear Braces Too

It's been almost 2 full weeks in braces and I am starting to feel a little more comfortable. There have been a couple of technical hiccups; brackets falling off, pieces breaking off, kanker sores, etc. But the lisp has begun to lessen and I'm starting to feel a bit more confident. I have also almost become content with liquified meals... Does anyone else notice all the qualifiers in this paragraph that imply I still hate this? Just checking.

This blog is for positivity. Which is why I am thrilled to report that I. STILL. GOT IT.

Yes. That means exactly what you think it means. In two ways.











1. The braces had a MoMA film premiere Friday night. The Film Festival Programmer said she couldn't see my braces at all (it came up at the restaurant when I apologized for not partaking in the lovely spread that was provided). AND I was capable of managing self control with my expressions of gratitude. Every time someone walked past and said "Great job on the film!" It was all I could do not to reply with "I will only have braces for 10 months, I know I look ridiculous, but I swear I am still an actress worth hiring!" But if you listened really closely to me saying "Thank you" I'm sure you could still hear it. The cry for help. The whimper of embarrassment.


Obviously I have a flare for melodrama. I am an actress.

2. Saturday night I missed our films after party because I was continuing to work off my contract as an indentured servant with COMIX Comedy Club. I owe at least 3 more months of serving martini's while I watch other people live out my dreams as a performer.
Saturday was a unique evening. While listening to Richard Lewis's ramblings I apparently made an impression on a customer. He introduced himself after the show was over and left the classic note "Call me 212-***-****"

I know what you are thinking, "Chelsea you have a lovely boyfriend." I quite agree with you. In fact I probably think even more highly of him than you do (obviously sisters). But can we agree that when a grown man thinks you are cute enough to leave his phone number, despite the fact that your mouth jewelry implies a relationship would be awkward to say the least, and potentially dangerous, your ego is bolstered? I think we can. Unfortunately for this gentleman, the call he received was not from a bracketed waitress but from a manly bar manager to inform him that he accidentally left his credit card at the club. A ploy? Possibly. Maybe he wanted the manager all along.

Who else has still got it? The supermodel walking through SoHo with Braces, spotted by Ms. Alexandra. I always knew I felt a kinship with models.

All I can say is... things are looking up. I have also begun a video venture to feel like a performer again. sweetpenpal.blogspot.com She is always looking for more Penpals.

SOUP OF THE WEEK: Carrot and Ginger


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?