Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Reflection is sweet and so is the chocolate I am eating

The last few days I became aware that I was swiftly approaching my 6 month mark. Can you believe it? I barely can. The only thing that makes me realize I have had them on this long is how I forget I have them, and then look in the mirror and go "what the hell???" I am not 100% sure when they are coming off at this point, which I hear is the norm. I also hear that the norm is not wearing your retainer and all the teeth moving back. To that I say: "That's because you didn't go into bankruptcy to afford them, and all your friends were wearing them too!!!! These b****es are never moving back!!! - so much swearing in this blog. Not the norm for me, but perhaps a side affect of six months in dental agony.

So approaching what I am hoping is my half way mark, I took a look at my old blogs. This is what I have learned: 1. Wow, that whole not eating thing sucked. 2. I can't believe how crooked those bottom teeth were! I am almost embarrassed I walked around like that. (except, not really) 3. I now look at other people's teeth ALL THE TIME . I can't help it. 4. I'm crazy. Seriously. The photo flipping the bird to the dentist?? Who do I think I am ??

Awesome is who I think I am.

Or normal with an internet outlet of blogging and a HUGE lack of shame.

The latter I think. p.s. I've been drinking wine through a straw. this could be the worst or best blog ever. but on my end it is GREAT.


So the question is, what is in store for the next 6 months? Even though the biggest lesson I learned the last few years is that you NEVER know what is in store for you, I do know a few things:

I will be a bracketed bridesmaid THREE times.
My sister Maggie will be married.
My sister Abbe will have her first baby.
I will be a first time aunt - with braces.
And I will live in Los Angeles and bask in the sun.

BE SURE TO CHECK BACK ON SEPTEMBER 16TH FOR A SPECIAL 6 MONTH CELEBRATION!!!!! (or not, you know, maybe it's not your thing) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?