Monday, September 27, 2010

Inspiring my Teeth to Move Faster

Inspiration is something everyone needs, myself included. We all have our own personal ways of finding inspiration for whatever it is we have set out to achieve. For instance, a dear friend of mine who is a very talented writer and overall awesome human being finds his inspiration in theatre, coffee, and whiskey. All successful muses for him.

I have a few. The embarrassing one is watching people on the "Biggest Loser" win a mile race and then cry and then see they have lost 10 pounds.
Lately I have been feeling inspired by my Alma Mater, The University of Michigan.

First of all not one, but TWO of the awesome actors from my acting program have made huge accomplishments this week! Jimmy Wolk starred in Lonestar on FOX (watch it tonight) and had a supporting role in You Again with Betty White!! I wonder if he asked her about St. Olaf. (Too soon for a Golden Girls joke?)

Then my dear friend and always a positivity of light Darren Criss booked Glee!!! Wooo HOoooo!!
Not to mention the awesomeness of the new Starkid Theatre all the Michigan Grads are working on in Michigan/ Chicago ( Nick Lang if you are reading this, I think you still owe me a dance from Theatre Prom and I have not forgotten. You can't wear a ruffled shirt, and then not give the girl a proper dance. Clearly I'm still upset).

Finally, you should already know this, including you Adam my Ohio State friend, that Michigan is having one of the best football seasons in a LOOONNNNGGG TIME.

GO BLUE!!

So with my fellow Alums and School giving me so much inspiration, I have set out some game plans. I have a Game Plan for how to get "back in the black." I also have one for my career. And now I am working on one for... you guessed it, these old braces.

So here's the setup: It's Monday. My next ortho visit is Wednesday. That gives me 2 days to pull the teeth completely into alignment so they will come off on Weds. OR at the very least pull them in enough so they take these GOD FORSAKEN TURBOS OF THE BACK OF MY TEETH!!!!!!! Then I'm going to call the play "taken them off" which is where I casually but sternly convince to Dr. To take them off before Christmas. Since this will never work I have the followup play called "take them off by mid January so I am not an Aunt for the first time with braces." I think that one is self-explanatory.

And BREAK!

Hail, Hail to Michigan. Get these things off my teeth.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a friend of Shoshana's from Michigan (Go Blue!), and when she found out I was getting braces she immediately sent me to your blog. I love it! I'm 27 and work a lot with clients and just had mine put on last week. The first few days have been tough and I'm already looking forward to my 6 month anniversary and then 1 year, when I *should* be getting them off. Thanks for blogging about your experience - I don't feel so alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina! Welcome to the club of adult braces! I hope you aren't in too much pain. I am so glad my blog made you feel better, you are definitely not alone. Good luck to you, the time will fly by ( I hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they are having a great year. Considering a great year for Michigan is not losing to a Division 1-AA team (Ex. Appalachian State). If not for the 1 man "team" they should probably be 2-2 this season if not worse. Love You!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?