Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Metal Has Increased

Ladies, Gentleman, and middle schoolers who can sympathize: It has officially been 6 weeks since I was braced!! I would be lying if I didn't say that at this moment I feel a sense of achievement.
this is what I found when I googled "triumph"

I am a chronic complainer and a sucker for a "get rich quick" type of scheme. So enduring this lengthy process with MUCH to complain about I am glad to have made it 6 weeks without taking pliers to my own mouth. I am 1/8th of the way, 6.5 lbs lighter, and I have a blossoming relationship with my smoothie maker.

Not only was today my 6th week anniversary, but also my first "routine visit." I had been warned by many alums to take a painkiller before I went in and I promptly forgot this advice until I was exiting Dr. V's office. To sum up my visit - I Cried.

Laying back in the chair with my mouth wide open and a stranger's hands inside it, I cried. A solitary tear out of each eye. I felt like cry baby. Not A cry baby, but THEE CRY BABY.


I did not cry because I miss the taste of potato chips, or because I only got 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night after working a 14 hour day, or because of my hormones, or because I am starting to get really nervous and scared about moving to California, or because I am 25 and possibly on the verge of amounting to nothing causing severe disappointment with myself and more importantly for my parents. Although one/some/all of these things might be true, I "cried" because the girl twisted wire around my teeth so hard I thought my tooth popped out into her perfectly manicured hand. ( I have to say that the women in this office do an excellent job with their makeup, hair, and nails. Gorgeous women. I should really be taking notes during my visits).

The truth is she yanked, and two drops of water flew out of my eyeballs. As if the tooth was attached to a water supply. Still... I cried at the orthodontist. I think that is called hitting bottom?

Anyway, I took some Tylenol Arthritis Pain (that is all we had at our office). Although it seemed to help with this week's case of Arteriosclerosis, the tooth pain has not stopped. My mashed up dinner was even slightly painful this evening.

Positives? She changed the rubber bands so my curry colored teeth are gone! Yay !! Also, she said the reason it hurt so much was because this wire is a lot stronger than the old one. She didn't mention that it is also darker and thicker= much more noticeable. Oh well! It's not like the only person who I care to impress is coming to New York this weekend and going to see the braces for the first time in real life instead of through IChat... cuz that would suck.

Check out the pics!


Me in pain and unimpressed.


Soooo Metallic Now!


Still not biting correctly :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?