Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let the Countdown Begin!


I am overjoyed! I am don't even have words for how I feel right now.

That's a lie of course I do.

Today I went to the ortho to have impressions made for my positioner i.e. the plastic thing that comes after my braces and before my retainers. I haven't heard of this before so I am assuming this is a new technology that was unavailable to my friends 15 years ago. First of all G-R-O-S-S. My impressions in NYC were tolerable and tasted like Bubble Gum. These tasted like glue and felt like it too. The tech was having such a hard time getting them out I thought a tooth was going to break off.

20 mins of scraping mold off my braces later, the doc comes over to check my bite. In reminiscence of my earlier days of blogging, I will now shift over to a dialogue scene.

Dr. N: (to the tech) Make sure they leave the gap for L5 (i.e. baby tooth hole)

Dr. N: (to me) Beautiful. That's it. 4 weeks.
Me: 4 weeks? They're coming off?
Dr. N: Yup no more guessing. You can make the appointment.
Me: Oh my God seriously? (Jumps out of chair and hugs Dr. N. Then Jumps on top of chair.) Dr. Newhart and all technicians I just want to thank you for your hard work. I couldn't be here today on the verge of looking slightly better than I did a year ago without all of your help. I will never forget what you did for me. Especially you Eli. I am still upset about that one adjustment. But I thank you. Without pain, there is no...gain. (Wild applause, I kiss each technician on the cheek, and the receptionists toss roses at my feet.

Ok, but seriously EVERYTHING HAPPENED LIKE THAT. Oh except for obviously the ridiculous part. The receptionists don't just keep roses at their desk.

MY BRACES ARE COMING OFF IN 4 WEEKS!!!! That is 2 weeks earlier than the last prediction.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could put this feeling in words. You know what? As weird as it sounds, considering the only thing I DID was shell out thousands of dollars and wear my rubber bands, I feel a sense of accomplishment. Achievement. I actually followed through on something to the end. Including this blog! Who knew I would actually keep it up for this long!

I am elated!


4 comments:

  1. yourmom(notreallyyourmom)May 3, 2011 at 6:32 PM

    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
    PAAAAPERCHAAAAIN starts now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for you and can't wait to see your new smile!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Lucky Lucky! I'm still only half way. I will live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?