Friday, October 15, 2010

My Wedding Day... (I mean Jane's Wedding day, easily confused)

Well I did it. I put on a beautiful dress and walked down the aisle to a beautiful song. People looked at me from all sides, smiling, as I headed straight for a man in a tux... And then I turned the corner and waited with the other girls who had done the same thing.

Jane and Jeff got married!!!! They are two of my dearest friends whom I introduced to each other so I was rather proud. I even got to speak at the wedding!!

Apparently I didn't think everyone in the back saw that I was a grown woman/bridesmaid in braces so I had to make this face. Now I think everyone knows.

I have to say I go back and forth as to how I feel this will all affect me in the end. I know what you (hi mom) might be thinking. But they are only braces? What's the big deal? The Big deal is how I feel with them on and what happens to my confidence. This wedding was a gathering that included people I hadn't seen in months, and years. Since not everyone stalks me on the internet the reactions varied.

I had a handful of people comment that they read the blog. To that I say thank you. Thank you for addressing the fact that this is your first time seeing me altered while saying you know and everything is cool. AND, geez, thanks for reading the blog. This was the best interaction of all. The worst? Someone across the room recognizing me after 4 years, making their way over to say hello and at 1 foot away their entire body jerking as if it had been lasso'ed by a noose while their face turns white as if they have seen a ghost. Am I exaggerating? Perhaps, but only about the excitement of recognizing me.

But thats ok. This is when I pretend you had an inner monologue about how startled you are to see a woman look SO GOOD in braces. Like I look better now THAN EVER.

If only I believed that.

On that note here is a picture of the bride and groom:

3 comments:

  1. In May I will be the Maid of Honor at my younger sister's wedding....still in braces. My mother was upset that I might ruin the family pictures with my braces. I'm thinking of smiling extra hard so everyone can see them =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, missy, are beautiful and a fabulous actress. Knock 'em dead with those pearly (metal) whites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, you should do it!! Smile so wide it blinds people :) I'm sure you will look great! Thanks so much for all your nice words.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?