Monday, April 5, 2010

3 Weeks Down, 49 Weeks to Go


If you have ever excelled in math you might have noticed I am counting down on a 12 month scale. Although the orthodontist said it would be 10-12 months, I am trying not get my hopes up just to have them come crashing down. NO ONE wants to see pictures of me at 1o months crying and drinking a bottle of vodka because all of my taste buds have been destroyed and I can't chew. (Unless you are my secret nemesis and you only read my blog to get dirt on me. If that is true, here's a hint: I have no unearthed dirt. I do a pretty decent job of airing my own dirty laundry).

No catastrophic events happened in the last week causing me to put animal products in the blender, but it felt time for a new post. So today I have a mish mash (?) of thoughts to get off my teeth... I mean chest... I mean teeth.

First, thank you to everyone who reads this and has responded. Your overall general dental enthusiasm is encouraging and much appreciated!! I have loved getting recipes and food ideas! I am in the process of trying them out. Does anyone have a slow cooker I can borrow? I'll give it back. But it might be a while since everything cooks so slow. (bad joke)

Second, I could use some suggestions for what to use in place of food. For example: I had a really long day, nothing went right, and it is raining- I get Thai takeout. OR I had a really great day, it is sunny, and I'm so happy - I get Thai takeout. OR I want to reward myself because I had a great audition and someone offered me an acting gig - I get Thai takeout.

There seems to be a pattern. Thai can also be replaced with sushi, a burger and fries, fried anything, a large bag of kettle-cooked potato chips, a bowl of bread, and more.

So now what? Go for a walk? Pet a dog? Write a blog??? The answer was so simple before. Now I can't rely on food to make me feel or change my emotions. LAME.
I got this chart. I hope it helps.


BUT I have had many successes! Dinner made of hummus, falafel, israeli salad and tahini (mushed together of course) was a treat! And I have lost at least 3 Lbs!

Please enjoy the following photos that show my ups and downs the last couple of weeks:

SOUP PICK OF THE WEEK: Lobster Bisque by Cosi
Classy. I belong in California Wine Country:

That is a bin of potato chips. It's a love hate relationship:


Upon hearing of my denture adventure a friend compared my extra sunk-in tooth to a shark's second set of teeth. Now a shark can know my pain:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?